Leadership & Confidence Scholarship
Designed for girls aged 15 to 18, this 5-month scholarship offers a unique blend of basketball, mentorship, and life skills development. Through this holistic approach, participants not only excel on the court but also grow into confident leaders both in their personal lives and within their communities.
The She Hoops Leadership & Confidence Scholarship serves as a gateway to various pathways within the Australian basketball community. Participants will be upskilled and advance in their basketball journeys by receiving accreditations in coaching and officiating. This exposure to diverse opportunities allows young women to explore their potential within the sport.
- Born 2006 – 2009 (ages 15-18)
- Demonstrate interest in basketball beyond playing (e.g. coaching, officiating, administrating)
What’s included in the fully funded scholarship:
- Mentoring sessions with current WNBL players
- 3-day camp at the Australian Institute of Sport in Canberra
- Community and Club coaching accreditation
- Introductory Official Course
- Five sessions with EQ Minds
*All EQ Minds sessions and Mentoring sessions will be conducted online at 7pm AEDT.
- Mindset & resilience
- Finding focus with mindfulness
- High performance mindset
- Confidence on and off the court
- Leadership – Leading and hooping in the moment
- February 19th: 1st EQ Minds session.
- February 26th: 1st mentoring session.
- March 4th: 2nd EQ Minds session.
- March 18th: 2nd mentoring session.
- March 25th: 3rd EQ Minds session.
- April 1st: Easter Monday (no scheduled activities).
- April 8th: 3rd Mentoring session.
- April 22nd: 4th EQ Minds session.
- May 6th: 4th Mentoring session.
- May 13th: 5th EQ Minds session.
- May 25th – 27th: AIS camp (tentative). Possible inclusion of the final mentoring session within the AIS camp.
The Leadership & Confidence Scholarship goes beyond basketball, providing a transformative experience that equips young women with the mindset, skills, and confidence to excel both on the court and in life. Through these empowering sessions, participants emerge as leaders, ready to make a positive impact in their communities and beyond. Apply today and embark on a journey of growth, empowerment, and leadership!
*Applications closes January 3rd 2024.
Proudly supported by,